Product Development & IT Manager
The Product Development Manager will own the direction, development and delivery of new products and services across all areas of the business. Leading the ongoing reporting and client IT operational delivery to clients.
The role is chiefly responsible for the development of the products and services sold by Ipsos Retail Performance, ensuring a capability is developed to support the launch and ongoing delivery. Keeping the needs of the users in mind, analysing the market to develop an awareness of the affordability of their products and the strength of the competition and to spot the next generation technologies and solutions. The manager considers the three variables of Cost; Time; Resources and create a plan which will maximize the ROI and maintain and increase the company’s reputation for Accuracy; Value add consulting and Innovation.
This role will also ensure the continual data collection and data reporting services provided to clients. Ensuring that IT systems and staff are fit for purpose to achieve service SLA’s and they are developing to meet the needs of both the clients and of new reporting offerings developed within the Product Development function.
What you’ll be doing….
- Be able to create passion and excitement in internal and external design, engineering and service delivery teams about solutions and the future roadmap.
- Chair the monthly produce development review meetings, using it as a vehicle to refine the product road-map and pipeline which the manager develops, owns and delivers.
- Consistently ensures relevant product development information is appropriately cascaded across the entire business, to equip teams and managers with the knowledge, documentation and materials to deliver the solutions as part of business as usual (BAU)
- Identify, manage and grown new and existing relationships with partners/suppliers. Encouraging a collaborative approach that is health for both organisations and one that meets the needs of the business and clients.
- Implementation of the latest product best practices and technologies to support consistently deliverable offerings, including integrating third party applications, services and solutions.
- Maintaining and retaining a high performing, client focused team living and breathing the company values and behaviours.
- Own product development trials and product launches with suitable launch material – arrange and ensure suitable supervision for all product trials and launches, brief out requirements to the operations team and to the production staff, via the relevant paperwork, training sessions, quality control, test certification etc. documents.
- Provide technical leadership for development, design and systems integration, from initiation to deployment, with a strong focus on performance, reliability and scalability.
- User Acceptance Testing – Completes system testing (black and white box) of new reporting system development and enhancements, ensuring systems are fit for purpose and aligned to project requirements.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:-
- A proven track record of managing full product development life cycle, using both internal and external resource.
- Ability to lead a team providing a 24/7/365 service, in a reliable and robust way focused on continual improvement and service management.
- An aptitude for programming, system analysis and design preferable in the Microsoft technology stack. Able to document specifications and sign off user acceptance testing.
- An energetic and focused approach with a proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, dynamic business environment.
- An excellent understanding and awareness of Industry standards, trends and best practice.
- Comprehensive experience in architecting complex large-scale IT solutions
- Excellent track record of delivering and maintaining insightful, data rich web reporting solutions.
- Experience of strong agile development experience in a dynamic, e-commerce industry.
- Track record of team management, and ongoing development
- Will have demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and wear many hats in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial.
Part of the Ipsos Group, Ipsos Retail Performance is one of the world’s leading retail analytics consultancies specialising in footfall monitoring and shopper behaviour. With over 25 years’ experience of delivering consumer intelligence to maximise sales opportunities and reduce operational costs for our clients, we use the latest technologies to analyse the full customer journey for the world’s biggest brands, monitoring and analysing data from over 3.1 billion visits per year across 50 countries.
Ipsos MORI is an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success – a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications – please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application.
If this is what you are looking for from your next role, we look forward to hearing from you!